Car insurance is a kind of insurance coverage that protects you and helps you to save your money in case of traffic accidents, carjacking, vehicle breakdowns, etc according to some contract terms proposed by an insurance company. Some of them address the issue by producing some additional options like paying for your car repair and medical bills if you or your passengers are harmed in the car crash.
Is car insurance obligatory in the USA?
Driving a car is not only pleasure but the risk of injuring. Even though the statistic of road traffic accidents in the USA shows a reduction of the amount of car crashes to 1.2% in 2019 versus 2018, the government insists and recommends the vehicle drivers to get car insurance. So, car insurance is compulsory in the US.
But, some states in the USA like Virginia, Mississippi, and New Hampshire do not require car insurance. By the way, it is up to you to carry out the car insurance or not. But, read the next information to know more about car insurance and gain insight into the process and characteristics of car insurance in the USA.
What kind of insurance do I need to choose?
There is a brief overview of the 5 most popular kinds of car insurance coverage in the USA.
- Liability insurance is a car coverage insurance that is created to pay for medical bills or car repair of the injured driver are his passengers. Liability insurance doesn`t offer financial support for the car repair or med help to the driver, who is insured by Liability insurance.
- PIP (Personal Injury Protection) Medical Expenses Insurance. The characteristic feature of this kind of insurance is paying for medical bills for you or your passengers. According to the terms of the contract, you can get a different sum of money for treatment. It is extremely beneficial paying attention to the fact of the expensive medical help in the USA.
- Comprehensive Insurance. The fundamental principle of Comprehensive insurance is the absence of financial support for your car in a road accident. This car insurance gives you support in those cases, which you are not able to control: falling trees, accidents with animals that get run over the road, car theft, weather conditions (injuring car during the hurricane, tornado, tsunami, etc.).
- Catastrophic Medical Insurance proposes you some payments for urgent medical care after injuring in a car accident.
- Collision Insurance gives you a fixed sum of money for your car repairing after the crash.
What do I need to get car insurance?
If you have chosen a company and want to buy car insurance, then take the following things with you: driving license, car registration, declaration. Some insurers may require other documents. So, for additional information, you should ask the manager of the company.
Remember, that insurance can protect you against different unpredictable big payouts when the accident happens. Each company and kind of insurance has its benefits and risks. Look at this in more detail to choose the one that suits you the most.