1. The 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT is Based on the European i30!
The brand new model 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT is replacing the outgoing Hyundai Elantra Touring for the U.S. Market and this C-Segment hatchback is based on the European Hyundai i30.
This year Elantra GT joined the new Elantra Coupe and Elantra sedan sharing the same nameplate for the U.S. market. However, the new Elantra GT has the same architecture as its European brother, the famous Hyundai i30.
2. Designed on Driving Performance and Economy!
Hyundai designed the Elantra GT on driving performance and experience as well on the economy. The steering wheel of this model is light and accurate especially with the help of the “Flex Steer” system which adjusts the weight in 3 modes: Normal, Comfort and Sports.
However, the Sports mode adds weight and the ride of the car is becoming more firm. The automatic transmission with Shiftronic is very smooth, easy to use and doesn`t push to much the running costs and consumption. The suspension is soft and rolls very well in the corners.
3.The Best in Class Comfort!
The interior space of the Elantra GT is definitely the best in class. The driver and all the passengers have a lot of space and knee room on the front as well as on the rear seats.
The rear seats can easily holds three adults and the headroom is good enough even for the tallest passengers. Storage space is very generous, with creative door bins as well as with an air-conditioned glove box and the box in the middle of the front seats.
The trunk space of 378-liter is one of the biggest in class and with folded rear seats extends out to 1316-liter. The interior noise is very low at all speeds except when you are accelerating hard. This makes the new Elantra GT very comfortable for the urban run or long-distance ride.
4. Powerful and Efficient Powertrain!
Under the hood of the Hyundai Elantra GT there is 1.8 DOHC 16-valve, 4 cylinder engine with Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT) delivering 148 horse power on @ 6500 rpm with 131 lb-ft of torque @ 4700 rpm.
This well-known engine, integrated in Elantra sedan and Elantra Coupe includes 2-stage Variable Intake System (VIS) and is mated to 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto SHIFTRONIC transmission.
Concerning the fuel consumption, the Elantra GT consumes: 5.3 L/100 km (53 mpg Imp) on the highway.
5. Technical Specification!
At the front of the Elantra GT there is McPherson strut system, twin-tube gas shock absorbers from Sachs as well as stabilizer handle from 22 mm. At the rear there is torsion axle-V beam joined with coil springs, gas monotube shock absorbers from Sachs and 22 mm stabilizer bar.
For the U.S. Market Elantra GT is offered in 2 types: a four -door, five-passenger compact sedan and Two-door, five-passenger compact sedan.
The wheelbase is 2650 mm (104.3 in, the length is 4300 mm (169.3 in), 1780 mm (70.1 in) is the vehicles width and 1470 mm (57.9 in) is the vehicle height.
The ground clearance of Hyundai Elantra GT is 140 mm (5.5 in) and the cargo capacity is 651 L (32.0 cu.ft.) or 1440 L (50.9 cu.ft.) with the rear seats down.
6. There are 4 trim levels for Elantra GT for the U.S market!
• The first GL trim features include: 16″ steel wheels with 205/55/R16 tires, six-speaker CD/MP3 stereo with iPod,USB and AUX ports, central door lock with keyless entry, telescopic and driver selectable steering wheel, heated power mirrors, rear spoiler, air conditioning with cooled glove box, Bluetooth , centre armrest, cruise control, adjustable driver`s seat, heated front seats, power windows, rear seat centre arm rest, audio and cruise control remote control, trip computer, airbags together with air curtains and driver knee airbag, immobilizer, security alarm and ABS + BAS +ESP + TCS+ VSM braking systems.
• The second GLS trim ads: 16″ alloy wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, illuminated sun visors, front fog lights, wide panoramic sunroof, cloth on the doors, power driver`s seat, driver`s seat lumbar support and under-floor storage box.
• The third SE trim adds: 6-speed auto transmission with SHIFTRONIC, 17″ allow wheels with 215/45/R16 tires, side mirrors turn signals, automatic front lights, auto-climate control with clean-air filtration, chromed front grille, side window moulding, windshield deicer, solar glass, rear-view mirror with Home-Link, sliding centre armrest, leather package and window pinch protection.
• The fourth SE Tech trim adds: 7-inch touchscreen GPS navigation, rear-view parking camera, smart key entry and push start/stop button.
7. Hyundai Elantra GT has the Best America`s Warranty!
New Vehicle Warranty 5 yrs/ 60,000 miles
Anti-Perforation Warranty 7 yrs/unlimited miles
Powertrain Warranty 10 yrs/ 100,000 miles
The Assembly location of the Hyundai Elantra is the Ulsan Plant in South Korea. This model creates a signature style that combines the distinctly European flair with functionality.