If you own a car, chances are you have encountered a reasonable number of issues that required your immediate attention. While some repairs, like replacing a broken antenna, fixing door dings or small dents or repairing the air conditioner, can be easily done on the spot, other issues, like repairing broken engines, require a wide set of complex tools that can be quite expensive. In the latter case, renting the tools that you need instead of buying them is a more viable option for a number of reasons. Thankfully, Autozone is known to cater to this exact demographic, and their lenient lending policies and affordable renting prices makes it all the more advantageous to rent the required tools. Here is how to fix your car with Autozone tool rental.
Why You Should Rent Tools Instead of Buying Them
As annoying as car issues can get, if you own a reasonably recent model, serious car problems are unlikely to occur on a regular basis. Having a few basic tools – such as wrenches, pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, work lights, latex gloves – in hand`s reach is wise, but large-scale issues require complicated, expensive tools that you will use once, maybe twice every few years.
While there is a case to be made about owning them permanently, if you are not a professional car mechanic, purchasing them will only add up in terms of maintenance costs, not to mention the space wasted to store them. Therefore, if you are experiencing a car emergency that requires immediate action, you can easily rent the appropriate tools from Autozone and save a lot of money in the process.
How to Rent Car Repair Tools at AutoZone Rental
Autozone has one of the easiest, most transparent renting services on the market. Their catalog includes a wide variety of equipment pieces, from commonplace instruments such as pliers and wrenches, to expensive, specialty tools such as flaring tools, suspension tools and other neat gadgets that car geeks will surely appreciate. If you are interested in a full list of the store`s products and further details about their renting policies, you can always check this complete autozone rental guide on EquipmentRental.org, a reputable online source that provides users with relevant tool renting advice.
Going on, for transparency and ease of use, Autozone has split their tool catalog into ten categories:
- Exhaust Tools
- Fuel pump removal tools
- Steering and suspension tools
- Tubing and flaring tools
- Diagnostic tools
- Cooling systems
- Air conditioning
- External engine tools
- Internal engine tools
In other words, even if you are not exactly sure what tools to rent, Autozone`s intuitive interface and good categorization will help you figure out which tools are right for your particular car issue.
As for the renting process itself, Autozone has a few interesting policies that will further incentivize you to borrow the tools instead of buying them. After visiting their website or one of their many ground stores and picking a tool, Autozone will require you to leave a deposit. The deposit sum is usually very close to the market value of the tool. Once you finish whatever you needed it for and return it, the money that you put down for the deposit will automatically go back into your bank account.
What this means is that, essentially, you are renting the tools for free. This renting policy applies too all tools, regardless of size, market value or complexity. As long as there are no signs of intentional acts of sabotage or damages due to misuse or a failure to follow the instructions manual, you will get your money back as soon as you return the tools.
Moreover, Autozone also offers a three-month warranty for all their products. Therefore, in case the equipment that they have lent you is faulty or does not function as it should, you can get your deposit back, no strings attached.
Common Car Issues That You can Fix By Renting Tools From Autozone
As stated in the previous entry, Autozone has a generous catalog filled with tools that will help you accomplish every car-related issue that you could possibly encounter. Here are a few car problems that you can solve by renting tools from Autozone:
- Touch up factor chipped auto paint. This is one of the most frustrating issues any car owner can encounter. Paint chips, while ruining the overall aesthetic quality of your car, can become rusted and ruin the body of the car. To fix it, all you have to do is rent a few dedicated items, such as wax and grease removers and fine tip paint. After cleaning the chipped areas with the wax and grease remover and letting it dry, apply the paint with an applicator over the chipped
- You can fix those annoying tears that the car seat fabric developed by renting a leather and vinyl repair kit for less than $20.
- Leaky sunroofs can also be easily solved by renting a speedometer cable. Simply insert the cable into the drain, while gently spinning the cable using your fingers to avoid puncturing the drain tubes and ruining the interior of your car.
- Another very common issue is related to the gas lift cylinder. Buy a gas lift cylinder from the store, ask a friend to hold the hood and unbolt by using a metric socket set (which you can also rent from any Autozone stores).
- Broken or faulty PCV valves can cause permanent damage to your engine, so it is best to replace them as soon as you identify the problem. To solve this issue, you will need to a few basic tools such as adjustable wrenches, pliers, and
In the era of comprehensive Internet tutorials and guides, fixing common and highly specific car issues has never been easier, and hardware stores such as Autozone facilitate this process even further by offering transparent and top-quality renting services. While there is a case to be made for owning a few basic car repair tools, purchasing complex equipment pieces is not very wise from a financial perspective. Make sure to read through this article, and you will get all the information that you need about Autozone`s products catalog and renting policies.